Things I Love About Aquamarine
1. Aquamarine is one of the wonders of the gem world due to its rarity, beauty, and unique properties. along side gems like ruby, emerald, & diamond.
2. Calms & soothes hot flashes and anger. This gemstone is known to have calming, cooling and soothing energies which are great for relieving extreme emotions. Feeling heated? Grab your aquamarine and meditate on it for a moment.
3. Helps activate the throat chakra to assist with clear communication. Not sure what to say but need to speak on something? Aquamarine can help you find those perfect words to get your point across. Reflect with this stone, write it out, or keep it in your pocket during that conversation that has to be had.
4. Water Element - Aquamarine keeps you in touch with your subconscious, deep emotions, and spirit.
5. Helps dispel emotional numbness so you can clearly communicate your feelings. (especially for men)
6. Helps people realize not all power comes from force. You can be cool, calm, collected and still get things done.
7. Connects you with divine feminine. The divine feminine energies of life want you to be in tune with life energies so you nurture yourself through the waves. Tap in with Aquamarine.
8. Helps you move through rapid change and removes resistance. Ready to let go of a grudge, the past, or change an old habit? Aquamarine can be your best friend in this process of release.
9. Assists with fear of speaking - great for teachers and speakers. This is one of the main reasons I added aquamarine to my collection. The connection aquamarine has with the throat chakra assists anyone with fear of speaking to communicate fearlessly from the heart with courage.
10. Aquamarine means 'Water of the Sea' in latin.
11. This gemstone boasts a high level of durability, thanks to its impressive hardness rating of 7.5 to 8, making it an excellent choice for use in jewelry.
12. Aquamarine gets its blue color from trace amounts of iron present in the crystal structure of the gemstone. Specifically, the iron atoms within the crystal lattice absorb light in the red and yellow portions of the spectrum, while reflecting blue and green light, resulting in the gemstone's characteristic blue-green hue.
13. Valued as a stone of eternal youth & happiness.
Brand Origin - #MarchMeetTheMaker -
Citrine Tangerine was born in 2019 when I was ready to start over from scratch. After a good go with my previous brand - All Around Style, I felt it important to make something more personal, individual, and hone in on the energy I feel when creating. Citrine Tangerine is about high vibrations, one of a kind wearable creations, hand made designs, and bold colors.
The name? Citrine, being my favorite crystal and a new name for myself, is the second crystal ever added to my collection. Tangerine, embodying the fresh, vibrant, zesty, energy I feel when creating or wearing something hand made. Thus we have Citrine Tangerine. I hand make one of a kind jewelry & clothing, paint & create vibrant art, and source high vibration crystals to adorn yourself or home with.
The Jewelry - I’ve been making jewelry since I was a child. I’d set up a little table at a park in northern Michigan and sell my little wears to people who passed by. Through the years I’d make little macrame bracelets with vintage glass beads, cord bracelets with recycled buttons, and wrap bracelets with chain & ribbon for fun or with friends. When film photography was not available at the university I attended, I took a jewelry/metals class on a whim. This reignited my passion for hand crafting jewelry. After leaving school and having no well stocked facility to design jewelry in, I decided to follow my intuition working with wire and beads. Why the links? Durable designs and maximal color. Thus we are where we are now. Citrine Tangerine, hand made jewelry with high vibration energetic gemstone beads!
Photography - This is my first love. I remember vividly getting a cannon powershot. I took it with me everywhere but specifically I remember photographing myself, my sisters, and friends. I’d also go out in strange weather like heavy snow in April or trees blown down after strong summer storms. Eventually I took classes on film photography in high school and became OBSESSED with black & white photography. I’d have my film camera with me all the time. I later purchased my first DSLR, with help from my father. We split the costs and I’d always be out photographing my favorite local bands or lookbook fashion visions with my friends. Natural light is my absolute favorite paired with a 50mm lens. YUM! Now a days my photography is about radical self acceptance, documenting events, and uplifting the person on the other side of the lens. Of course I’ve documented countless fashion shows, editorials, and models spanning across the USA. This is absolutely still a passion of mine and is incorporated into the fibers of Citrine Tangerine
Recycled Paper - This process is new to me but is an effort to complete the chain in my jewelry & art journey. It is my goal to create my own jewelry boxes for purchases and jewelry cards for displaying jewelry & purchases.
Crystal Kits - The first crystal I remember and still have in my collection is a moss agate heart that was in a treasure candle my aunt made. Then The we were evacuating from a hurricane my family was housed in the mountains of North Carolina where we went panning for crystals. This is the place I found the Citrine I named my brand after and is still the crystal I keep with me at all times. It dawned on me later in life, after understanding my deep connection with nature, that gemstones are deeply connected to the earth. These gems are sacred earth frequencies and hold ancient knowledge. The insights I’ve gained in life by developing my relationship with gemstones is unparalleled and has deeply enriched my life. The two most recent gemstones I’ve worked with, Rhodochrosite and Prehnite, have only furthered my belief in the energy within stones. This is why I create crystal kits, to keep around the house, to inspire deep subtle change, and deepen our connection with self through earth energies.
Hand Sewn Garments - I learned how to sew in middle school and my grand mother was always mending clothing. The relationship between women and sewing has bonded me with the needle & thread on a level that feels instinctual. Deeply Feminine the crafting of garments. I love the whole process down to screen printing the fabrics with my original designs. There is nothing more exhilarating to me than crafting something to wear by hand, one needle and thread. Now days we hear so much chatter about slow fashion but who has really been able to stop the fast fashion machine? Hand sewing is surely an insightful way. How will we know just how much effort goes into making one design from start to finish. Who wouldn’t want to create their own high quality attire? Hand sewing garments makes me fueled connected to humanity on a deep level. Like I am repeating the motion in a flow state that so many other women and human have done before me. This process is like meditation and the energy that is sewn into the fabric over & over again.
March Theme - Extend/Expand
Happy March. So glad you're here!! The theme for March dawned on me the other day as I took pictures of a wintery deciduous tree's branches squiggling across the twilit sky. The sight made me think deeper about the branches reaching towards the heavens, the great beyond and inspired me. The light from the sun spreading across the sky, fading into a deep blue as the rays disappear. Expanding - Extending as far as possible. Continuously moving around.
My mind shifted back to the branches again. I had a vision. The passing of time will soon display these trees budding and blooming with green leaves, flowers, animals, bugs, expressing themselves to the fullest. Warm winds blowing, hot summer rains nurturing, direct sunshine giving life. Reaching, extending toward the sun growing bigger every season. I can feel the extending motions in my life and the expanding of myself. Thus the theme for March.
So what ever it is you are striving for, REACH for it with your actions, words, and habits. Extend beyond what you imagined. Expand your knowledge.
About the Author & Artist
Megan LaCroix also known as Citrine is the daughter of a Navy Veteran. She’s lived all over the US but has roots in Michigan where her family is from. Spending summers in Northern Michigan exploring nature inspired her to create art work starting with jewelry and photography. She’d spend hours looking for rocks and creating assorted beaded jewelry with her sisters. In 2014 She graduated from University of Michigan School of Art & Design with a BFA then moved to Detroit where she is currently living and working. She is a multi-media artist with ever expanding skills but is best known for her jewelry, screen printing, photography, and paintings. Detroit Graffiti has a significant influence on her painting and drawing style. She’s participated in ArtPrize 2015 & 2021 and currently has a studio in the Village Arts Factory of Canton, MI.